[ITA] ruby-gtk2 3.4.3

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Jul 16 12:43:11 GMT 2023

On 12/07/2023 16:11, Daisuke Fujimura via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> I don't quite understand what this last line here means? Dead upstream?
>
> Ruby/GTK2 has been removed in Ruby/GNOME 3.4.4.
> - https://github.com/ruby-gnome/ruby-gnome/blob/4.1.8/NEWS.rd#L418
>
> If this is the case, should I continue to maintain Ruby/GTK2 3.4.3?
>
> It seems to be maintained in fedora.
> - https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/rubygem-gtk2

I see. Thanks for explaining.

I don't think there's anything wrong with continuing to provide that
package, particularly if fedora does.

More broadly, there's probably some GNOME2-era stuff in the Cygwin
distro which is not widely used and perhaps could be removed, but idk
who is going to identify and progress that...