[Attn. MAINTAINERS] Heads up: Perl 5.36.1 is imminent

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Wed May 3 12:19:47 GMT 2023

On 5/2/2023 4:45 PM, Achim Gratz via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps writes:
>> There's an updated report available [1], which should list the
>> affected packages.
>>
>> [1] https://cygwin.com/packages/reports/perl_rebuilds.html
>
> Thanks.  The newly obsolated packages (due to core now recent enough)
> are still shown in this list (that's probably to be expected).

I wonder if those obsoleted packages are confusing setup.  In a new
Cygwin installation, choosing only the base packages and cygport, setup
wants to install perl-Test-Harness (and therefore perl 5.32).  Or maybe
there's something else causing perl 5.32 to be chosen, but I don't see it.

Ken