Fwd: calm: cygwin package report for Ken Brown

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri May 5 17:16:58 GMT 2023

On 04/05/2023 17:24, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> INFO: package 'savi': errors in license expression: ['Unknown license
>> key(s): BSD-Advertising-Acknowledgement']
>
> Any idea why calm complained about this license key?  It's listed at
> https://spdx.org/licenses/.

I suspect this is because that license was added in version 3.20 of the
list, and the python module currently used to parse and validate the
license expressions only contains and older version.

It looks like maybe I need to write some stuff to automatically fetch
the latest list and feed it into that module...