Python 3.5 and 3.6 removal (was Re: Bonfire of the Packages)

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Mar 24 17:46:00 GMT 2024


On 24/03/2024 17:31, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 24/03/2024 15:07, Jon Turney wrote:
>> On 24/09/2023 13:32, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>
>> I assume you are OK with the removal of python 3.5 (EOL Sept 2020) and 
>> 3.6 (EOL Dec 2021)?
>>
>> (I'm still dealing with cleaning up the final pieces of python27 
>> detritus, but these should hopefully be much smaller tasks)
>>
> 
> nothing should depend from 3.5
> not sure for 3.6

I've automated some of the analysis I was doing for python2 packages and 
the results are now available at [1].

So yeah, it looks like nothing uses 3.5.

There are just a couple of packages using 3.6, I guess I'll ping the 
maintainers about those.

[1] https://cygwin.com/packages/reports/python_rebuilds.html



More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list