[PATCH] Cygport: generate object files into {B} instead of ${S}/*_w64-mingw32

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Apr 8 19:49:11 GMT 2025


On 03/04/2025 12:18, Carlo B. wrote:
> Hello,
> I read some information into this page:
> https://cygwin.com/packaging-contributors-guide.html
> but I admit that I have not understood very well what I have to do,
> starting from "Uploading a package" chapter.
> From that point, I'm a bit lost.

Yes, I'm afraid the documentation there is all a bit jumbled up and 
could be much better.

> So, I'm a bit worried to do some mistakes somewhere and at the moment
> I stopped after uploading the precompiled packages at GitHub.
> This is the primary reason for not sending an [ITP] or [ITA] message
> here, actually.

I'm not sure if you are worried that the packages might not work 
properly? Or if you are concerned that you could break something by 
uploading a bad package?

I'm always happy to review/discuss any cygport files, if you want to 
post them here.

Or if you have suggestions for more efficient ways of working, since you 
have a large number of packages, I'd like to hear them.

> I have to say that many of my .cygport scripts don't prove a
> BUILD_REQUIRES statement.
> So, some work will be also required first for some of them.

Understood.

If you send an ssh public key, I can give you access to our 
"buildservice" playground, which may be helpful in verifying that your 
cygport is good and you have identified all the build requirements.



More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list