[ITP] python-calver
Jon Turney
jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sat Apr 4 16:21:31 GMT 2026
On 31/03/2026 15:21, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> calver (https://pypi.org/project/calver/) is a dependency of trove-
> classifiers,
Hmmm... are you sure that it's a dependency of that?
I don't seem to have needed it to build other stuff using
trove-classifiers? Or is only used sometimes?
Anyhow...
> The cygport file for this package is at: https://gitlab.com/hamishmb/
> cygwin-python-calver
> DIFF_EXCLUDES="build"
Not sure what the reason for this, or if it's cut-and-paste?
>>>> Creating source patches
> 0 files changed
Generally, you don't need to set DIFF_EXCLUDES unless you see an
unexpected -src.patch file being generated for the source package (which
reflects changes to, or generated files in, the source directory during
the build)
(This file is automatically generated simply to ensure we capture any
edits made in the source directory during the process of making the
build work)
> PKG_NAMES="python39-calver python312-calver"
This is the default
https://cygwin.github.io/cygport/python-wheel_cygclass.html#PKG_NAMES%20(python-wheel)
> python39_calver_REQUIRES="python39"
> python312_calver_REQUIRES="python312"
I believe this is automatically determined as well.
Apart from that, all looks good.
I added this to your packages. Thanks!
More information about the Cygwin-apps
mailing list