fish rust build fails with "could not exec the linker `x86_64-pc-cygwin-gcc`"
Andrew Schulman
andrex.e.schulman@gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 11:24:19 GMT 2026
On Wed, 22 Jul 2026 20:21:19 -0400, in gmane.os.cygwin.applications you wrote:
>>That's for 32bit only as on 64bit any newly compiled DLL should not overlap
>>with already rebased DLL (and empirically doesn't unless BLODA steps in,
>>to which these days unfortunaltely Windows Defender needs to be counted).
>
>I'm afraid you're right about Windows Defender.
>
>I have two client hosts, running Windows 10 and 11 respectively. The build
>fails in the same random way on both of them. The only BLODA-ish app on both
>of them is Windows Defender.
>
>But when I push the build up to scallywag, it succeeds every time. Which is
>good news.
And that is confirmed. When I exclude the build directory and Cygwin
installation root from Windows Defender scans as you suggested, the build now
succeeds every time. Thanks for your help.
Andrew
More information about the Cygwin-apps
mailing list