mesa 25.3.6-1 (TEST)

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed May 6 11:24:09 GMT 2026


On 05/05/2026 20:13, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 5/3/2026 4:38 PM, Jon Turney wrote:
>> On 03/05/2026 16:08, Jon Turney wrote:
>>>
>>> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
>>>
>>> * mesa-25.3.6-1
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Breaking changes:
>>>
>>> The OSMesa library ("offscreen mesa") has been removed upstream. It 
>>> is suggested to use surfaceless EGL instead.
>>
>> Hi Ken,
>>
>>
>> The only package we have that this seems to effect is 'asymptote'.
>>
>> However, that only has a build-depends on libOSMesa-devel, it doesn't 
>> actually seem to depend on the run-time library.
>>
>> (So I do wonder if there's some sort of problem in configuration or 
>> dependency generation here?)
>>
>>
>> I'm faced with a bit of a dependency knot, since the last version of 
>> libosmesa depends on a specific version of dri-drivers, which will 
>> prevent other mesa libraries being upgraded.
>>
>> So it would be nice to know if asymptote is really using osmesa, in 
>> which case I'll have to work out how to keep it around, or if I can 
>> simply make the osmesa package obsolete.
> 
> Hi Jon,
> 
> It turns out that asymptote only uses osmesa if a certain configuration 
> option (--enable-offscreen) is given.  I've never specified this option 
> and have no reason to.  So you can safely make osmesa obsolete, and I 
> should just remove libOSMesa-devel from build-depends.
> 

Great! That makes things a lot easier for me!

Thanks for looking into this!



More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list