git checkout fails in scallywag

Andrew Schulman andrex.e.schulman@gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 22:54:52 GMT 2026


On Wed, 9 Sep 2026 11:08:19 -0600, in gmane.os.cygwin.applications you wrote:

>On 2026-09-09 08:24, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> On 09/09/2026 15:04, Andrew Schulman via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> In my latest push of fish to scallywag
>>> (https://github.com/cygwin/scallywag/actions/runs/34336457868/ 
>>> job/102416876538#annotation:26:16),
>>> the build fails in the source step. There's no build log that I can see, but
>>> at the top of the page under Annotations, it says:
>>>
>>> Post Run action/checkout@v7
>>> The process 'D:\cygwin\bin\git.exe' failed with exit code 128
>>>
>>> Can you advise? Something I'm doing wrong?
>
>> there are spurious random failures; I assume probably due to system load
>> 
>> see id=12549 immediate failure and 12551 rerun log
>
>Hi Andrew,
>
>We all get them - check failed jobs:
>
>	$ cygstart https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?status=build+failed
>	$ "$BROWSER" https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?status=build+failed
...

Thank you Marco and Brian. Actually I see now that it wasn't a transient error
at all... I was confused because I couldn't see the build log... because I
wasn't logged into github :|  I see the build problem now. Thanks for your
help. Andrew


More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list