[ITA] libpng, urw-base35-fonts, xmlto

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 19:38:46 GMT 2026


On 13/09/2026 20:33, Brian Inglis via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 2026-09-13 04:33, ASSI via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> Brian Inglis via Cygwin-apps writes:
> 
> Hi ASSI,
> 
>> Just pushed harfbuzz and libpng updates to playground, sorry I think I
>> overwrote your changes on playground by that.
> 
> Curses, foiled again! ;^>
> No worries, will just pull and deal with conflicts.
> 
>> I'd be happy if you take over all these libraries (I was looking at them
>> as they are used by Emacs and had security updates pending).  I will
>> also look at Jansson.
> Looks like my libpng test upload blocked your NMU stable upload:
> 
> Version  Arch   Size        Date        Status Files
> 1.6.42-1 src  1509 KiB 2024-02-22 18:17 stable .../libpng-1.6.42-1-src
> 1.6.47-2 src  1537 KiB 2025-04-23 17:40 stable .../libpng-1.6.47-2-src
> 1.6.58-1 src  1557 KiB 2026-09-13 07:33  test  .../libpng-1.6.58-1-src
> 
> If you prefer, go ahead and untest that, or else I could send a TEST 
> announce, just in case there are any adverse impacts to any Graphics or 
> X11 packages:
> 
> I am a little shy of stable updates that can bring down my world, as 
> happened when I blasted my package update over my running system and 
> brought down GNOME Files/nautilus, Xwin XDG Menu, X Server, and all!
> Quick X shutdown and restart and all was great on my dogfood system.
> 
> Please make me maintainer of those subject apps, or let me know if I can 
> do so myself?
> I have stayed away from seeing if I can update cygwin-infra/pkg-maint as 
> I dread what else it may impact, or creating more conflicts! ;^>
> 

cygwin-pkg-maint updated

-libpng                                       ORPHANED (Ken Brown)
+libpng                                       Brian Inglis
-urw-base35-fonts                             ORPHANED (Ken Brown)
+urw-base35-fonts                             Brian Inglis
-xmlto                                        ORPHANED (Ken Brown)
+xmlto                                        Brian Inglis

It is a very simple text file. Almost impossible to make disaster.

Regards and Thanks
Marco



More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list