Putting some packages up for adoption

Andrew Schulman andrex.e.schulman@gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 18:10:14 GMT 2026


On Tue, 15 Sep 2026 18:00:02 +0200, ASSI via Cygwin-apps
<cygwin-apps-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:

>Andrew Schulman via Cygwin-apps writes:
>> I use emacs every day, so unless someone else wants it, I'll look at it and
>> see if I think I can adopt it. I expect it's in maintenance mode by now.
>
>I started looking at it (and its dependent libraries) with the idea to
>finally get rid of the package split interpreted vs. JIT compiled.
>It'll probably a some weeks until I get this done… anyway just taking
>the existing package and updating it to 31.1 without further changes is
>a distinct possibility (I already have the JIT compiled package ready).

OK. It sounds as though you already have some progress on it, and know more
about it than me. So do you want to take it on? I got as far as installing the
dependencies and trying to build it, but I got a compile error, something
about winnt_t no such type. Andrew


More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list