release it?

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Sat Apr 15 12:27:00 GMT 2000

On Sat, Apr 15, 2000 at 01:37:26PM -0500, Mumit Khan wrote:
>Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> writes:
>> I'd like to release what we have.
>>
>> It's not perfect but it is perfectable.
>>
>> Any objections?
>
>None whatsoever.
>
>There will of course be problems, and those problems will get fixed
>over time. With the new "component-based" setup, it'll be easier to
>update specifiic components than say downloading a large full.exe.

I'm wondering if the problems that Mo is seeing with mingw are due to
the fact that I changed the way /usr/bin and /usr/lib are mounted.  We
had agreed that /usr/bin would be an alias for /bin but it was
implemented the other way around.  I changed this so that it was what we
agreed.

Maybe something in the relative path lookup is screwed up due to this.

Anyway, I don't think this is a show stopper but we should keep an
eye on it.