Sigh. First cygwin show stopper?

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Thu Apr 20 14:45:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 05:42:08PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> I just discovered that, with my new signal handling scheme, it is not
>> possible to trap things like SIGFPE and SIGSEGV on Windows 95.
>>
>> Does anyone think that this requires a new 1.1.1 release?
>
>Does it affect gdb, or just signal() ?

Just signal.  For some reason SIGSEGV seems to work correctly unless
it's trapped.  I really don't understand why.

I've already checked in a patch to fix it.  It was an extremely simple
fix.

This will affect people trying to configure libstdc++.  I don't know
how many other programs trap things like SIGSEGV and SIGFPE.