cygcheck floppy checking

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Mon Dec 4 00:51:00 GMT 2000

Matt wrote:

> I've noticed that cygcheck was taking an extraordinary amount of time to
> execute on my laptop. This appears to be because my external floppy drive
> is not hooked up, which begs the question:
>
> Should cygcheck bother checking the floppy drives (a: and b:)? Or, should
> a switch be added to eliminate floppy drive checking?

I think a switch would be ok but not only for floppies. The same can
happen for CD-ROM drives with some laptops. So an option like
--ignore X: or something similar would be a way.

On the other hand, how often do you use `cygcheck'? And most of the
users aren't aware of the problem anyway. So they will get `trapped'
regardless whether there's that option or not.

Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@redhat.com