Problem with error_start

Trevor Forbes trevorforbes@ozemail.com.au
Mon Dec 4 18:24:00 GMT 2000

I am having problem getting error_start=f:\home\bin\gdb.exe to work
correctly.

It seems that gdb will not start unless it is in the /bin directory. Ok, DJ
has answered this before, in that, it is looking for  /share/gdbtcl based on
where GDB is located.

Well, how do I get GDB to work outside the /bin directory which, from what I
understand, is the way to use error_start to debug Cygwin using a debug
cygwin1.dll??

I have tried setting TCL_LIBRARY=f:/Cygwin/usr/share/gdbtcl and
GDBTK_LIBRARY=f:/Cygwin/usr/share/gdbtcl in the windows env but nothing
seems to work? I seem to be missing something obvious?

I am using  gdb-20001125-1 on win2000 and have CYGWIN=binmode ntsec tty
error_start=f:\home\bin\gdb.exe

Trevor