/usr Path problems [WAS: [RFD]: Using a new feature of Win2K for symlinks]

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 06:24:00 GMT 2000

--- Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp> wrote:
-8<-
> A windows path can't revert to the original posix path via
> conv_to_win32_path. So the mechanisms depending only on win32
> paths can break some apps. For example, the current implementation
> of getcwd() breaks `du' and `find' executed in the directory `/usr'.
> I'm afraid your approach will cause this kind of problem.
> ____

Can you refresh my memory is to what problems du and find have executing in
/usr?  I tried `cd /usr && du .; find . -name bash.exe; find . -name foobar'
and didn't see any problems.  This is with the 06-01 snapshot.

Cheers,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >