mount doesn't complain about missing "mount directory" any more?

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Tue Jun 13 19:58:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 11:39:51AM +0900, Kazuhiro Fujieda wrote:

>> It looks like mount does not complain about a missing mount point directory
>> any more although AFAICT the code is still there to do so.
>
>I can still observe mount without -f option complains about a
>missing mount point directory.

Ok.  I'm sorry.  I didn't remember that -f avoided the error.  Is this
new or has it always been like that?

Btw, it sure would be nice if you could do this:

mount c:/foo /foo
umount c:/foo	#doesn't work (but would be nice)
umount /foo	#work

If you have an idle moment it would be nice to add this functionality to
mount to make it behave more like the UNIX version.

(Hope you don't mind my subtle hinting)