User registry hive

Jason Tishler Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
Tue Jun 20 10:16:00 GMT 2000

Corinna,

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I have just for fun implemented to load the users registry hive
> in spawn_guts in case of CreateProcessAsUser. It works fine.
>
> Are we interested in doing that?

I am certainly interested in the above -- it would be real nice to
get the same environment regardless of how one accesses their machine
(ie, console or telnet).

> That slows down things a bit when changing the user context but
> that doesn't happen that often.

I am willing to accept the slow down.

> Still unresolved is the problem if somebody tries to change
> something in the own hive, say mount points. Because there's
> currently no mechanism to save the hive back again, it's new
> content is discarded on reboot.

If you can't find a solution to the above, then I'm willing to live
with this limitation too.

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235