File permision errors on win98 with net release candidate
Glenn Spell
glenn@gs.fay.nc.us
Fri Mar 17 02:03:00 GMT 2000
On 16 Mar 2000 around 10:00PM (-0500) John Fortin wrote:
> John Fortin wrote:
>
> > > >All, I've installed the net release candidate in my Win98 box
> > > >into /bin and /usr/bin off mounted from c:.
> > > >
> > > >~/gnu/autoconf-2.13/: configure --prefix=/usr
> > > >.//configure: cannot create temp file for here document:
This is a bash error named "HEREDOC_REDIRECT".
'configure' will call bash if
- /bin/sh is bash
- $SHELL is set to bash
- $CONFIG_SHELL is set to bash
> > > >I tried both the newest and oldest available snapshots dlls as
> > > >of 3-15-2000 with the same problem. Everything worked before
> > > >I converted over to the new distribution.
Which Cygwin DLL were you using before you converted over.
I have no idea why the bash error but using ash may work better.
-glenn
--
________________________________________ _ _____
) )_ _ (__\____o /_/_ |
) Glenn Spell <glenn@gs.fay.nc.us> ) >-----._/_/__]>
)________________________________________) `0 |
More information about the Cygwin-developers
mailing list