OemToAnsi patch from 2000-07-04

Kazuhiro Fujieda fujieda@jaist.ac.jp
Wed Nov 15 10:55:00 GMT 2000

>>> On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:52:58 -0500
>>> Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> said:

> I have no problem with a Cygwin option.  Should it be more general, though?
> Something like:
>
> set CYGWIN=codepage:oem

It doesn't need such generosity. Because we can't choose other
codepages than the system default ANSI or OEM codepage as the
internal codepage of the Cygwin DLL. I think the following
simple switch is sufficient for this purpose.

set CYGWIN=oemcp

Anyway, if Egor would like to handle only output messages in the
OEM codepage (866), the idea proposed by Brad Town in the
following message, where an escape sequence switches codepages,
seems to work well.

____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology