Error 1 and error 2 compiling winsup

David Starks-Browning starksb@ebi.ac.uk
Fri Nov 17 07:49:00 GMT 2000

On Friday 17 Nov 00, Brian Keener writes:
> One part might be a little unclear (at least for me) is the configure
> line:
>
> /src/configure --prefix=/install -v > configure.log 2>&1
>
> where it mentions /install.  How does this relate to d:\cygwin or /usr
> (ie the install path) where my cygwin is installed.

I imagine the /install is to isolate the 'development build' from your
working Cygwin environment.  But it's a reasonable question,
especially for the developers list, how to actually *use* what you
build.  Perhaps someone who actually does this can advise.

If it were me, I'd probably keep them segragated, and use PATH to
control which I was using.  This could be cumbersome if you're testing
inetd and need to change PATH in several places, or have Cygwin in
your NT System Path.

Hope this helps.

David