Adding bz2 support to setup
Robert Collins
robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Tue Apr 10 14:43:00 GMT 2001
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin-developers@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 2:58 PM
Subject: Adding bz2 support to setup
> I've just added bzip2 support to setup but I'm not quite sure how to
> test it.
>
> I guess I could check my changes in and then ask people to
gunzip/bzip2
> some packages on their disks. I've already done that and it seems to
> work.
>
> What I really need to be able to do is test this via ftp. I don't
have
> a download site with anonymous ftp available to me... Hmm. (thinking
> out loud) I guess I could setup my home system for this.
>
> Ok. I'll do this tomorrow.
>
> In the meantime are there any volunteers for testing this? FWIW,
bzip2
> compression seems to make an amazing difference in the size of some of
> the source files and a not so amazing difference n the size of some of
> the binaries.
>
> cgf
>
Happily. I'll test it with the xfree 4 tarballs.
Rob
More information about the Cygwin-developers
mailing list