bz2lib autoconfiguration ??

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 12:28:00 GMT 2001

Brian Keener wrote:

> Sorry to jump in here - but this is an opportunity for me to learn.
>
> Assume I have a current build of the tree and I need to get the bz2lib
> and I did the 'cvs update -d' and now want to rebuild me copy of cygwin
> and cinstall and such.

Well, hopefully you did that in src/winsup/ directory and not the src/
directory!!  Doing `cvs update -d' in the src/ directory pulls *ALL*
sources from sources.redhat.com HEAD.  (Guess how I figured that out :).

> How do I tell configure to do a reconfigure and then do a rebuild of the
> whole tree without having to delete my build and install directories.
> Seems like when I try to do this without a major cleanup (removing the
> build and install directories I get strange results (after I have done a
> cvs update).

Change directory to your/build/directory.

/path/to/cygwin/configure --prefix=/usr ...
make clean      ;# May not be needed but it's safer
make

> Thanks for any insight

You're welcome,
Earnie.