A process can't have more than 63 child processes.

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Thu Feb 8 11:14:00 GMT 2001

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 09:19:54AM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>Yep.  This has been noted before.  The WaitForMultipleObjects
>>restriction makes it impractical to have more than 63 children.
>>
>>I guess we should set PSIZE to 64.
>>

>Your scope seems limiting.  What about a Cygwin developed
>WaitForMultipleObjects?  Perhaps even using the one from ReactOS.  ;) I
>know, I know, where's the patch?

Yep.  Since I wrote the code and have been living happily with it for
three years you can safely surmise that extending the limit is of
little interest to me.

I don't know of any way of extending the limit without adding another
thread to cygwin which I am really loath to do.