Add Perl regex support to Cygwin?

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 11:04:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 11:11:11AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 11:26:17PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Just an off the wall idea:
>>
>> http://www.pcre.org/
>
>PCRE has an excellent reputation. Why not adding it to Cygwin? If
>it becomes part of the DLL we could drop the need for the external
>regex lib.

That's what I was thinking.  I love perl's regexp capability but I wonder
if adding this would bloat the DLL too much.  Maybe we need another DLL?
With recent proposed changes to dlltool we could use a "forwarding" export
in cygwin.def that would cause a cygpcre.dll to be loaded.

er, um, I mean rhpcre.dll.