Problems with autoconf-2.52 testsuite using current CVS Cygwin

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Sun Jul 29 22:49:00 GMT 2001

Charles Wilson wrote:

> Changes by:    corinna@sources.redhat.com    2001-07-09 02:02:42
> Modified files:
>     winsup/cygwin  : ChangeLog security.cc
> Log message:
>     * security.cc (alloc_sd): Don't set inheritance attribute for
>     permissions given to directories.

Well, this is definitely the culprit; this change plus W2K/NTFS.  I
don't get the problematic behavior on NT/NTFS.  However, I know that
Corinna put this in for a reason -- but I don't remember what it was. :-(

Anyway, check this out (under cygwin1-20010728.dll):

$ cd /tmp
$ mkdir a
$ getfacl a

# file: a
# owner: 1000
# group: 513
user::rwx
user:500:rwx
group::rwx
group:544:rwx
group:545:rwx
mask::rwx
other::r-x
default:user:500:rwx
default:group:544:rwx
default:group:545:rwx
default:mask::---

$ cd a
$ mkdir b
$ getfacl b

# file: b
# owner: 1000
# group: 513
user::---
user:500:rwx
group::---
group:544:rwx
group:545:rwx
mask::---
other::---
default:user:500:rwx
default:group:544:rwx
default:group:545:rwx
default:mask::---

$ touch c
$ getfacl c

# file: c
# owner: 1000
# group: 513
user::---
user:500:rwx
group::---
group:544:rwx
group:545:rwx
mask::---
other::---

I'm not sure if the answer is to revert Corinna's patch, or to add more
logic to the file/directory creation logic.  Any comments?

--Chuck