Problems with autoconf-2.52 testsuite using current CVS Cygwin

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Mon Jul 30 01:35:00 GMT 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 10:24:18AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 05:04:00PM +0930, Trevor Forbes wrote:
> > For info.
> >
> > I rebuilt ash with the following line changed in shell.h
> > # ifdef __CYGWIN__
> > #  undef VFORK
> > #  define VFORK 1   -> 0
> >
> > All autoconfig test pass, I rebuilt and checked autoconf (CVS ver) 3 times
> > to see if the was any  problems and it is rock solid....
>
> Yep, I can reproduce that, too.
>
> What does that mean now? Is the VFORK a problem just for ash
> or is that a problem _in_ vfork?

I just tried the autoconf-2.52 testsuite with ash with VFORK = 1
as /bin/sh on a Linux box. It has no problems there. All temporary
dirs under /tmp are immediately erased. Hmm.

Red Hat, Inc.