Positive and negative results with cygserver.exe

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Tue Jan 15 06:32:00 GMT 2002

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g.r.vansickle@worldnet.att.net>
To: "Cygwin-Developers" <cygwin-developers@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 6:19 PM
Subject: RE: Positive and negative results with cygserver.exe

> To clarify:
>
> > Yeah.  More bad news: CYGWIN=tty blocks even a bash --login -i
started at the
> > cmd prompt.  I get one "." and bash simply hangs.  rxvt doesn't even
get a
>                             ^ from cygserver running in a different
cmd window

Should be all fixed, I hadn't checked the tty code ( I don't use it) and
it appears that rxvt uses it regardless.

I had a thinko that had snuck in during my manipulation of Egors
original code. The fix is in CVS now.

rxvt runs like a dream for me now.

BTW: To see what cygserver is doing, for a given module, just change
#define DEBUG 0 to #define DEBUG 1.

Rob