dll_list::detach() can stackdump

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Fri Nov 8 04:32:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 12:18:31PM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Note that I can only reproduce this problem on one Cygwin installation
> so far.

I have been able to reproduce this problem on another Cygwin
installation and have packed up a completed minimal test case available
on my web site.  The procedure to reproduce the problem is as follows:

    $ wget -nd http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/cygwin/detach-stackdump-1.tar.bz2
    $ tar -xjf detach-stackdump-1.tar.bz
    $ cd detach-stackdump
    $ ./dll *.dll

Note:
1. Under 1.3.15-2, I had to run dll a few times before I got a
stackdump.
2. Under my CVS build (with my dll_list::detach patch), occasionally dll
succeeds.
3. The tarball includes a uname.exe.stackdump for 1.3.15-2 and a full
strace log, dll.log, for my CVS build.

Thanks,
Jason