Want to release 1.3.16

Matt matt@use.net
Sat Nov 16 15:00:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Should I wait for more ntsec stuff or is it ok to release 1.3.16?
> There are a couple of problems I'd like to get resolved in a new
> release.

I'd like another few days to investigate a hang I'm seeing when running
nessus under cygwin. The nessusd and all of it's children hang in
libkernel32  somewhere in iname. The culprit that appears to cause the
hang is a socket accept() call in the parent process.

I'm trying to come up with a smaller reproducible test case. I can only
assume this would affect other programs -- the code in nessusd is nothing
particularly exotic.

Jus to make sure nessusd wasn't corrupting memory, I ran it on linux under
valgrind. valgrind reported no problems other than a few mionor
non-incremental leaks.

In any event, I'll send another mail when I have things more nailed down.

--
http://www.clock.org/~matt