Avoiding /etc/passwd and /etc/group scans

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Tue Oct 22 14:22:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 07:19, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >- Do the modes depend on the value of ntsec when setup is run
> >  (e.g. inheriting from the directory)?
>
> Nope.  setup isn't a cygwin app, so...
> cgf

And because ntsec wasn't the default we couldn't set reasonable acls...

Here's a short term workaround, until we fix setup.exe.

Add a .bat file as a postinstall script that scans the cygwin tree and
sets executable rights to .exe and .dll files using the cacls command.

Rob

--
---
GPG key available at: http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt.