Toplevel configury change exposed bug in make install for winsup/cygwin

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Wed Jul 16 22:18:00 GMT 2003

The toplevel configury change:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/src-cvs/2003-q3/msg00006.html
causes /usr/bin/install to now be used instead of install-sh to install
files.

Since the Cygwin Makefile does not rigorously create directories before
attempting to install into them, it was previously relying on specific
behaviour of install-sh. /usr/bin/install fails on non-existant intermediate
directories. Therefore, make install fails.

No patch, I'm afraid, since I've only just debugged this far, and now I need
to go to sleep.

Max.