Improving setitimer resolution

Pierre A. Humblet Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org
Fri Jul 18 03:18:00 GMT 2003

>At 12:08 AM 7/17/2003 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>I understand *why* you want to do this but I thought that multimedia timers
>suffered when the computer was suspended.  That would make them unuseful for
>setitimer.

After experimenting, both the current implementation and my new one
behave the same when the computer goes on stand-by: they lengthen
the delay until the pc is active again.

Also, trace files seem easier to follow at 9 PM than at 12 PM.
Everything looks normal. The pc doesn't give control to main because
it can't keep up with a 1 ms periodic timer under strace, each
debug_printf takes about 100 us. WinME eventually freezes but NT
and Win2000 stay OK.

Pierre