The cygheap saga

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Sun Apr 4 00:25:00 GMT 2004

cgf wrote:
<snip>

> The other thing I'd *really* like to do is somehow construct the DLL such
> that the N bytes of the cygheap are automatically reserved by the loader.
> I can't tell if this is impossible to do in PE format/Windows or if it's
> just not possible to do with GNU ld.

Chris,

If you're not put off by the idea, you might try asking this guy:

http://www.wheaty.net/

If anyone is the authority on all things PE, IMHO he's it.  Despite your
reservation regarding private inquiries, if you send him a
ESR-smartly-asked query, he'll usually respond (at least that's what I'm
told by a friend of mine who sent him a question last year).  What's
there to loose other then a few minutes?

Cheers,
Nicholas