moving towards 1.5.10?

Pierre A. Humblet Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org
Tue May 4 19:39:00 GMT 2004

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On May  4 12:43, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> > Corinna, your recent trailing space and dot removal code only handles Posix paths,
> > not Windows paths. Is that by design, or should it be moved from
>
> It's more a case of "I don't care for Windows paths", sorry.
>
> > normalize_posix_path into path_conv::check?
>
> normalize_posix_path and normalize_win32_path are both called twice, so
> removing trailing dots and spaces should probably done in the normalize
> functions.

Good point.
The second normalize_posix_path is in cwdstuff::set, which is called from
chdir, which has already called path_conv::check.
So we can probably get rid of it by specifying PC_POSIX and passing
normalized_path.
The second normalize_win32_path occurs in mount_info::conv_to_posix_path,
where I don't think trailing dots matter (it's converting, not accessing).

BTW, I just noticed
~ mount c:/ /abcd..
~ ls /abcd..
ls: /abcd..: No such file or directory