WININET not on NT4?

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Fri Jan 13 15:21:00 GMT 2006

Brian Dessent wrote:

> Hrm, that sucks.  MSDN seemed pretty clear that it should be there on
> everything back to 95/NT4.

I was just playing around with NT4 under VMware and it seems the out of
the box it lacks wininet.dll but it is present after I chose to install
"Internet Explorer 3.01" from the list of optional components.  After
doing that cygcheck -p works successfully.  I guess that makes sense.

I can still look into doing autoload for cygcheck but I'm not sure how
that would work exactly since it's not just a simple "is this NT4,
y/n".  It could explicitly do loadlibrary("wininet.dll") and then just
bail with a "Your system doesn't support this" message though.

Brian