[MinGW-dvlpr] Problems with corss compiler w32api/lib/Makefile.in

Earnie Boyd earnie@users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 11 12:20:00 GMT 2006

Quoting Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d@gmail.com>:

> Hey All,
>
> I just tried to compile w32api for MinGW and found that it's now
> throwing all the header files in include/w32api.  It's coming from
> lib/Makefile.in:

That means that Corrina broke the magic.  Only a cygwin target should
put the headers in /include/w32api and /include/mingw.  Adding
cygwin-developers to the distribution.

> ifneq (,$(findstring cygwin,$(target_alias)))
> inst_includedir:=$(tooldir)/include/w32api
> inst_libdir:=$(tooldir)/lib/w32api
> else
> ifneq (,$with_cross_host)
> inst_includedir:=$(tooldir)/include/w32api
> inst_libdir:=$(tooldir)/lib
> else
> inst_includedir:=$(includedir)
> inst_libdir:=$(libdir)
> endif
> endif
>
> It seems that the $with_cross_host is catching the MinGW based compile
> as well.  Do I add a rule explicitly for MinGW:

Maybe.

> ifneq (,$(findstring mingw,$(target_alias)))
> inst_includedir:=$(includedir)
> inst_libdir:=$(libdir)
> else
>
> Though that seems to defeat the purpose of the file 'else'.  I'd
> appreciate some help here, given that autotools are really not my
> strong suit.

It used to work.  What changed?

Earnie Boyd

http://shop.siebunlimited.com