EOL for Windows 95/98/Me

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Tue Feb 13 23:29:00 GMT 2007

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> > Yeah, I see the scenario now.  Maybe the 9x version of setup.exe could
> > just use a different filename for /etc/setup/last-mirror so that it does
> > not pick up the last mirror used for standard setup.exe.
>
> Y'all really make my head hurt.  Setup.exe points to release/ as it
> does now, while setup-9x points to release-9x/ which is the renamed
> release/.

That alone won't work either.  The setup.bz2/.ini file that setup
fetches is in the top level dir of the mirror, so even if there were two
release dirs, setup would get very confused by the fact that there's
only one setup.ini file.  To do this we'd need to also maintain a
parallel second copy of setup.ini as setup-9x.ini or something.

Brian