CYGWIN=codepage? Or LC_CTYPE=foo?
Corinna Vinschen
corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com
Tue Apr 8 15:32:00 GMT 2008
On Apr 8 15:52, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr 7 07:15, Kazuhiro Fujieda wrote:
> > >>> On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 21:26:18 +0200
> > >>> Corinna Vinschen said:
> > > I don't know if gsw-FR is correct though. That's apparently an ISO639-2
> > > code. But it looks like there is no ISO639 code covering that. What
> > > would POSIX do?
> >
> > de_FR would be used instead of it.
>
> I made a testrun and found the following LCIDs/locales which have a
> three letter language code, [...]
On further reading I found RFC4646, which defines that the shortest
ISO 639 code available should be used. Looks like there's no problem
at all...
I attached my first cut of an application which prints the LANG info
to stdout. Note especially the undocumented `--testloop' option ;)
Corinna
--
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: getlocale.cc
Type: text/x-c++src
Size: 3008 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-developers/attachments/20080408/b3e9ec8d/attachment.bin>
More information about the Cygwin-developers
mailing list