findutils support in 1.7.0
Corinna Vinschen
corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com
Mon Apr 28 13:04:00 GMT 2008
On Apr 28 14:13, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr 26 06:14, Eric Blake wrote:
> >>> Also, it looks like long path names are currently
> >>> quadratic in behavior,
> [...]
> As you know, NtQueryAttributesFile is the NT equivalent of
> GetFileAttributes. Maybe this function is slow by design and we're better
> off using something along the lines of either
>
> NtOpenFile
> NtQueryInformationFile
> NtClose
>
> or, maybe, something like
>
> NtOpenFile(parentdir)
> NtQueryDirectoryFile
> NtClose
>
> but that's something I will have to test first. I guess you will be
> surprised to read that now, but I'm slightly disappointed at Windows...
I stick to being disappointed. None of the above workarounds is any
faster. NT's path handling is obviously only designed for paths of up
to MAX_PATH length.
Corinna
--
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat
More information about the Cygwin-developers
mailing list