Filenames with Win32 special characters (or: Interix filename compatibility)

Wed Jul 16 23:22:00 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:00:48PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Jul 16 22:40, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> I removed the CYGWIN=case_check option.  This was long overdue and with
>> real case-sensitivity it's entirely obsolete.
>
>I forgot to mention that the "managed" mount option has gone the same
>way as "case_check".  RIP.

Btw, did you know that managed mounts shortened the normal windows path
available to cygwin because special characters used up more than one
character in the translated filename?

I thought this might be the last time I have the opportunity to make
this astounding revelation so I didn't want to pass it up.