speclib vs. -lc trouble.

Sun Apr 12 17:25:00 GMT 2009

Dave Korn wrote:

>> I'll check something in shortly.

  Howzat going?  I see you've checked some stuff in but I'm still running on
yesterday's CVS.

>   Here's a recipe to make a working libc.a from a broken (as currently
> generated on head) libc.a:

  Here's a patch that I think should also do the job, against r1.18 of
speclib.  Using the resulting libc.a resolves my ld-bootstrap testcase (also
my gcc bootstrap that was segfaulting in ld when libgcj gets linked with
"-ldl"), so now I'm going to install a full sysroot and try it out for a while.

winsup/cygwin/ChangeLog

	* speclib:  Forcibly add idata head, and rename symbols to
	avoid collisions at link time.

    cheers,
      DaveK