Longstanding __USE_W32_SOCKETS hiccup.

Fri Aug 7 20:18:00 GMT 2009

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Could we make a winsock.h wrapper header file for Ada and
> deprecate/eliminate this define for Cygwin?  I'd hate to see this
> ill-advised* band-aid make it into 1.7.

  I'll look for some other way of making it work without any new patches, but
please, don't take away anything that's already there.  I mean, wouldn't the
wrapper header basically have to be the equivalent of what you'd get by running
"cpp -D__USE_W32_SOCKETS < winsock2.h > winsock2_ada_wrapper.h", more or less?

    cheers,
      DaveK