More: [1.7] packaging problem? Both /usr/bin/ and /usr/lib/ are non-empty

Earnie Boyd earnie@users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 14 12:33:00 GMT 2009

Quoting Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com>:

> However, I have a problem with enforcing the MOUNT_CYGWIN_EXEC flag for
> /usr/bin.  Not all executables in /usr/bin are cygwin executables.  Even
> our own strace or cygcheck are no Cygwin binaries, and there are a
> couple more in the directory.  This MOUNT_CYGWIN_EXEC default overrides
> the checks in spawn.cc for non-cygwin binaries.  IMO using the cygexec
> flag should be a deliberate choice of the admin/user.  I would prefer we
> would remove it from the auto /usr/bin again.

With the first versions of MSYS I had set this flag for /usr/bin.  We
told people to put other binaries in /mingw/bin because they wouldn't
work otherwise.  Now instead I check the binary headers for the dll
name being linked into the executable to know whether or not the
executable is a MSYS one or not.  Makes the support requests for this
issue go away.

--
Earnie
-- http://r-feed.com/           -- http://for-my-kids.com/