1.7.5: Occasional failure of CreatePipe or signal handing due to thread-unsafe code in cwdstuff::set

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 13:16:00 GMT 2010

On 12 August 2010 13:50, Earnie wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>
>>  Or don't start the Win32 app at all if the path is not valid. However
>>  we have to call SetCurrentDirectory at least once, for the first
>>  Cygwin app, into a spot it doesn't block the aforementioned rmdir.

Uh oh, that might cause additional aggro.

>>  C:\ comes to mind.  It's the one directory which always exists and
>>  it's not removable anyway.
>>

> That should be SYSTEMDRIVE and not a hard C:\.  There is no guarantee that
> C: drive is present.

Or the Cygwin base directory? Or /bin, i.e. the directory the DLL is
in? These couldn't be deleted anyway, and it'd be slighty less
catastrophic if things went wrong there ...

Andy