Cygwin CWD vs. Win32 CWD (was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.3.003-1)

Wed Aug 25 20:41:00 GMT 2010

Corinna said:
> Please see the patch below.  Comments are highly welcome.  Alternatively
> we just drop the entire jumble and keep the Win32 always in sync.  I'm
> still wondering what other guys on the list think...

I think posix compatibility should be preferred. I like:
    * the three different options (no_sync, sync_once, sync_always)
    * the idea to link a .o so that one of the non-default options
      can be selected without code changes
However, I don't care whether Corinna's implementation or cgf's (so far
unreleased) one is used.

However, we need to resolve this soon and release 1.7.7, because I've
noticed that any postinstall script that calls mkshortcut fails, with
predictable results given our new setup.exe behavior...  If 1.7.7 is not
forthcoming VERY soon, then I need to release a new cygutils ASAP (and
run, and run2).

--
Chuck