crossbuild cygwin-1.7.6-1 on linux x64

Wed Aug 25 21:11:00 GMT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 04:56:41PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Corinna said:
>> And it's quite funny, considering that the Red Hat dept I'm working for
>> spends most of its time creating and maintaining cross build tools.
>
>Funny this came up. I just spent some time last weekend *trying* to
>construct a linux->cygwin cross compiler environment (based on Dave's
>recent native gcc-4.5.0 release).  Unfortunately I failed: C progs seem
>to work ok, but C++ ones do not.

You know that "c++ ones do not" is not much of a bug report, right?

I must now have genetic knowledge of building cross-compilers because
I don't see why everyone thinks this is such a big deal, requiring so
much discussion.

However, yes, this has nothing to do with cygwin development that I can
see so either take this to the cygwin list or the crossgcc list.