Cygwin CWD vs. Win32 CWD (was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.3.003-1)

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 21:45:00 GMT 2010

On 25 August 2010 22:09, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>cgf, did you get the .o idea to work?
>
> It was actually a library but yes.  I generalized the mechanism to allow
> -lbinmode -ltextmode, -lautomode to also finally work.

Great! So broken Win32-using programs could be fixed with a rebuild
with an added build option rather than requiring source changes.

Still got no idea though whether the ability to delete a working
directory is worth it. As Eric pointed out, POSIX doesn't actually
require it, but Linux supports it.

> I went back
> and forth on the environment variable idea but chose not to do that
> because I thought Corinna didn't like it.  :-)

I think a CYGWIN option would be useful as a last resort for programs
that can't be rebuilt for whatever reason.

Andy