charset changes
Corinna Vinschen
corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com
Sat Feb 6 18:55:00 GMT 2010
On Feb 5 22:50, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 5 17:28, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> > These locales have inconsistent encodings:
> > [...]
> > ka_GE GEORGIAN-PS UTF-8
>
> We don't have an implementation of GEORGIAN-PS. If you provide one for
> newlib, I'll take it. The problem is, how to integrate it into the
> existing model which only has ISO and CPxxx codeset arrays for ctype and
> wide char conversion? Faking a non-existant Windows codepage? That's
> probably the easiest solution.
>
> > kk_KZ PT154 ISO-8859-5
>
> Same here.
I just added support for GEORGIAN-PS and PT154 to newlib and made
them default charsets for ka_GE and kk_KZ in Cygwin. In newlib
I just added them to the CPxxx charsets and gave them codepage numbers
unused in Windows.
Corinna
--
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat
More information about the Cygwin-developers
mailing list