Accessing native NT namespace as filesystem

Larry Hall (Cygwin Developers) lhall@cygwin.com
Thu Sep 2 21:32:00 GMT 2010

On 9/2/2010 5:26 PM, Andy Koppe wrote:
> Eric Blake wrote:
>> On the other hand, /nt is less likely to conflict with user expectations
>> than /sys or /devices (since those have other meanings on other systems, but
>> /nt is new).
>>
>> If it were up to me, right now I'm liking the name /proc/nt/.
>
> Me too. Yay, bikeshedding. :)

Other than its brevity, I don't see an advantage of "nt" over "windows" or
something more obvious/descriptive that we're dealing with Windows-specific
stuff here.  But perhaps I'm the only one who thinks the "NT" nomenclature
for the Windows architecture is fading fast.

--
Larry